Tuesday, 17 January 2012

How a tower of tens can create infinite possibilities in Nursery...

A girl in my Nursery class created this today...

A tower of tens made with Numicon

'Wow that's great, can you tell me about it?'

'It's ten and ten and ten.'

'Oh yes I can see that now, how many is that altogether?'

 'I don't know, lots!'

I showed her a counting in tens number line and pointed...

'Ten, twenty, thirty...just like your tower.'

She looked towards the end of the number line...

'Wow, there's lots and lots of numbers then.'

'Yes there is...actually there's more than I can even think of....if we had enough numicon we could go on for ever and ever and ever...isn't it great!'

Pauses for thought...

'Yeah...is it snacktime now?'

Thinking about what infinity means drives me to food as well!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...